Service and License Terms
Please read the following important information before continuing.
These Monotype Fonts Service and License Terms (these “Terms”) become a binding contract between you and Monotype, when you click a checkbox to indicate that you accept these terms and sign up for Monotype Fonts or click on the area marked “Accept License Terms” (or such similar language). If you do not wish to be bound by the Terms, you may not Use the Monotype Fonts Service. Please read all of these Terms before you agree to be bound by them.
Your administrative account located at Monotype Fonts.
The license parameters you chose when signing up to Monotype Fonts or you change during the Terms and the Monotype Fonts Service and License Terms.
Commercial Electronic Document
An Electronic Document which may be distributed to the general public (or to some subset of the general public) as a commercial product for a fee or other consideration (for example, an e-book). For the avoidance of doubt, an Electronic Document that is created for one’s own internal use only or for distribution in a manner that is incidental to its business (for example an instruction manual that explains its product), is not considered a Commercial Electronic Document under this Agreement.
Critical Patch Release
Updates to any of the Font Software or the Desktop Application that Monotype determines, at its sole discretion, will be made available on a general basis to all of its customers. Critical Patch Releases may or may not include certain changes that are included in an update and may be released before or after any such update is provided to eligible customers. A Critical Patch Release may, at Monotype’s sole discretion, be released prior to completion of Monotype’s complete quality assurance testing process.
A work, including but not limited to software or data, based upon or derived from any of the Font Software or the Desktop Application (or any portion of the Font Software or Desktop Application) in any form in which such software or data may be recast, transformed, or adapted including, but not limited to, binary data in any format into which the Font Software may be converted.
The Monotype Desktop Application for Mac and Windows that allows Licensed Monotype Fonts Users to upload and download the Font Software and other font software to the Monotype Fonts service.
Digital Marketing Communication
A piece of promotional or marketing content delivered via the internet. A Digital Marketing Communication includes, but is not limited to, email advertisements, banner ads and display advertisements shown on websites, advertisements in web applications and advertisements in mobile applications.
The date that you sign up to Monotype Fonts and accept the Terms as outlined above.
An electronic document or data file, for example a .pdf manual or an e-book, which is created by Use of the Font Software, but which is not a Digital Marketing Communication.
The font software provided on Monotype Fonts, which when used on an appropriate device or devices, generates typeface and typographic designs and ornaments. Font Software shall include all subsets and bitmap representations of typeface and typographic designs and ornaments created by or derived from the Font Software, and all copies of the Font Software in web font format Used or accessed in conjunction with the rendering of web pages for Licensed Page Views, including copies of web pages that may be temporarily cached. Font Software refers to individual digital files (and thus the digital representation of one weight – with the exception of variable fonts – and in a specific format), not typeface families (for example, Helvetica Now, or Arial), a typeface or a category of typefaces. The defined term Font Software specifically excludes any font software that is uploaded to Monotype Fonts by you or by Monotype on your behalf. Not all Font Software is available in all formats.
Either (i) a response, in which the Font Software or Subset(s) thereof is incorporated, from a digital advertisement delivery system to a request from a web or mobile browser or other application, or (ii) an opened e-mail where the Font Software or Subset(s) thereof is delivered to the email client.
Licensed Commercial Electronic Document
Any Commercial Electronic Document up to the number of Commercial Electronic Documents as indicated in your Account.
Licensed Desktop User
Any user up to the number of individuals who may exercise the license grants to the Production Fonts under this Agreement as indicated in your Account, whether or not such user does actually exercise such rights. Licensed Desktop Users must be your employees or independent contractors, or an employee of a third party (such as an agency or a commercial printer) engaged by you for the purpose of exercising the license rights granted herein on your behalf, or, if you are an agency, an employee of your client by whom you have been engaged to Use the Production Fonts as set forth in this Agreement. You shall be responsible for compliance with the terms of this Agreement by any such third party and its employee(s), client and its employees or independent contractor. The number of Licensed Desktop Users shall be counted regardless of whether and when actual Use occurs and thus equal the total of all individuals who are authorized and can potentially Use the Production Fonts during the Term (non-concurrent use).
Any Impression up to the number of Impressions indicated in your Account.
Licensed Page View
Any Page View up to the number of Page Views indicated in your Account.
Licensed Mobile Application
Any Mobile Application up to the number of Mobile Applications indicated in your Account.
Licensed Monotype Fonts User
A Licensed Desktop User that has also been granted access to the Monotype Fonts service. For the avoidance of doubt, a Licensed Monotype Fonts User is granted all rights of a Licensed Desktop User in Section 2.B., plus the rights set forth in Section 2.A.
Any Server up to the number of Servers indicated in your Account, on which the Font Software may be accessed by individuals other than your Licensed Desktop Users and/or Licensed Monotype Fonts Users.
A product that is distributed as software only and (i) is not embedded into hardware of any kind, (ii) is not a platform or operating system that can run other software programs, (iii) which runs on mobile platforms, (iv) which is not Publicly Available Software or integrated in such software and (v) is made available by Customer to end users either directly or through a distributor. A version of a Mobile Application that does not have unique functionality beyond the scope of a previously released Mobile Application and is not licensed or marketed under a new name shall not be considered a new Mobile Application.
Collectively, Monotype Imaging Inc. or any other Monotype entity identified when signing up to Monotype Fonts and in your invoices, its successors and assigns, and its parent and affiliated corporations.
Monotype’s platform, made available to Licensed Monotype Fonts Users from which Licensed Monotype Fonts Users may access the Font Software, the Subsetter Application and the Desktop Application and use the functionality made available to them on Monotype Fonts.
Monotype Fonts Pro
The support services, which if applicable, are outlined in Attachment 1.
A single instance of access to a particular web page.
Primary Licensed Monotype Fonts User
The individual identified as such when you sign up for Monotype Fonts.
Pro Studio Hours
The number of hours indicated in your Account, for which you are entitled to receive type expertise from the Monotype Studio™ under the Monotype Fonts Pro support services.
The Font Software you choose in your Account to utilize as a Licensed Desktop User and/or in Mobile Applications, Commercial Electronic Documents, Licensed Servers, or for Licensed Page Views or Digital Marketing Communications, each in the amounts licensed by you as indicated in your Account.
HOW PRODUCTION FONTS ARE COUNTED:
The maximum defined under License Usage per Term refers to the amount of Font Software and thus, Production Fonts shall be counted by individual digital files which can be used for the licensed deployment, not typeface families (for example, Helvetica Now, Arial), a typeface or a category of typefaces. E.g. “Helvetica Now Text Regular,” “Helvetica Now Text Bold,” and “Helvetica Now Text Bold Italic” would count as three Production Fonts.
Individual Font Software (e.g. variable Font Software or Font Software with Chinese or Japanese language extensions) may count as a multiple of one Production Font against your Account. The factor will be communicated when you choose the Font Software as a Production Font and visible in your Account.
All formats (for example OTF, WOFF) of the same Production Font shall count as one Production Font. The maximum licensed by you as indicated in your Account is cumulative for the entire Term.
The Monotype Studio™ services identified in this Agreement, if applicable.
Publicly Available Software
(a) Any software that contains, or is derived in any manner (in whole or in part) from, any software that is distributed as free software, open source software (e.g. Linux) or similar licensing or distribution models; and (b) any software that requires as a condition of use, modification and/or distribution of such software that such software or other software incorporated into, derived from or distributed with such software (i) be disclosed or distributed in source code form, (ii) be Licensed for the purpose of making Derivative Works, or (iii) be redistributable at no charge.
Any server that is either (a) maintained on your premises; (b) under your exclusive control; or (c) owned and controlled by a third party hosting service for your benefit (provided that you (i) have a written agreement regarding the Use and protection of the Font Software installed on such server, and (ii) shall remain responsible for any unauthorized access to and security of the Font Software on such Server. Furthermore, if such Server is part of a cloud server service, you are permitted to upload a copy of the Font Software to the cloud server service, provided that the Font Software and any Derivative Works thereof cannot be downloaded except by your Licensed Desktop Users and/or Licensed Monotype Fonts Users and if such cloud server service is owned and controlled by a third party hosting service for your benefit, you will require the cloud server service to completely remove the Font Software from the Servers upon termination of your use of the cloud server service.
A Derivative Work of the Font Software, created by removing certain glyphs and/or characters therefrom.
Monotype’s proprietary application used to create a Subset of the Font Software in web font format.
The time between the day you sign up for Monotype Fonts and the last day of the initial term or any renewal term.
The trademark as set forth at www.monotype.com/legal/trademarks for each piece of Font Software licensed under this Agreement or under which Monotype markets the Font Software.
With respect to the Font Software when an individual is able to give commands (whether by keyboard or otherwise) that are followed by the Font Software, regardless of the location in which the Font Software resides. With respect to the Subsetter Application and the Desktop Application, when the software or instructions are executed.
A hardware component in which Font Software or the Desktop Application is installed and from which an individual is able to give commands (whether by keyboard or otherwise) that are followed by the Font Software or Desktop Application, as applicable.
LICENSE GRANTS.You are licensing Font Software and, if applicable, access to Monotype Fonts and the Desktop Application and/or purchasing Professional Services from Monotype. You agree that you have the rights expressly set forth in this Agreement and no other. In the event you are not licensing access to Monotype Fonts, no terms in this Agreement that reference Monotype Fonts are applicable to you. All rights not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved to Monotype.
LICENSED MONOTYPE FONTS USERS.
- Access Monotype Fonts and access and use any of the functionality and Font Software made available to you by Monotype on Monotype Fonts.
- Distribute a copy of the Font Software you choose to be Production Fonts to your Licensed Desktop Users.
- Access and Use the Subsetter Application on Monotype Fonts to create Subset(s) of the Font Software in a web font format provided that any such Subset continues to be owned by Monotype and shall constitute Font Software under this Agreement.
- Install and access the Desktop Application on up to two (2) Workstations per Licensed Monotype Fonts User.
- Use the Desktop Application in connection with the Font Software.
- Use the Desktop Application in connection with font software that you have not licensed from Monotype, so long as the agreement between you and the party who licensed you such font software allows your use of the Desktop Application with such font software.
- Make backup copies of the Desktop Application, provided that such copies are for your internal back up purposes only and remain in your exclusive control.
Desktop License Rights:
- Install the Font Software on up to two (2) Workstations per Licensed Desktop User.
- Install the Font Software onto any Server on which the Font Software may only be accessed by your Licensed Desktop Users.
- Use the Font Software on such Workstations or via such Server to:
- create, edit, view, print and distribute materials, provided that, (a) if you distribute such materials, the materials do not contain the Font Software, and (b) if you create a static graphic image with a representation of a typeface and typographic design or ornament, such static graphic image does not correspond to glyphs or glyph combinations of the Font Software which are individually addressed by software, a web site, a hardware device or other means to render such designs and ornaments; and/or
- embed the Font Software into Electronic Documents and duplicate the Font Software as an integrated part of any such Electronic Document, provided that Electronic Documents with embedded Font Software may only be distributed if (a) they are not Commercial Electronic Documents and (b) the Font Software cannot be fully or partially extracted from such Electronic Documents. (For distribution rights of Commercial Electronic Documents with embedded Font Software, a Commercial Electronic Document license is required.)
- Make backup copies of the Font Software, provided that such copies are for your internal back up purposes only and remain in your exclusive control.
Additional License Rights:
- Use the Font Software you choose to be Production Fonts as set forth in Sections 2.B.ii. through 2.B.vi.
- Use all other Font Software available on Monotype Fonts as set forth in Sections 2.B.ii. through 2.B.vi., provided that in exercising such rights, the Font Software may be embedded in Mobile Applications and Commercial Electronic Documents and used on Licensed Servers and to create Web Page Content and Digital Marketing Communications solely for internal Use in connection with the design process. You have distribution or deployment rights only with respect to the Font Software you choose to be Production Fonts.
- Monotype Fonts:
LICENSED DESKTOP USERS. All rights of Licensed Desktop Users set forth below apply only to Font Software you choose to be Production Fonts.
- Desktop: Nutze the Production Fonts as described in Section 2.A.iii. (Desktop License Rights).
- Incorporate the Production Font(s) into a Mobile Applications, up to, in the aggregate, the number of Licensed Mobile Applications, in a manner in which the Production Font(s) cannot be fully or partially extracted, provided (i) that the Mobile Application does not provide office functionality to end users (such as word processing or presentation design) and/or (ii) its primary purpose is not to replace the Font Software.
- Duplicate the Production Font(s) as an integral part of any such Mobile Application.
- Distribute the Production Font(s) directly or indirectly as an integrated component of any such Mobile Application.
Commercial Electronic Documents:
- Embed the Production Font(s) into Licensed Commercial Electronic Documents and duplicate the Production Font(s) as an integral part of any such Licensed Commercial Electronic Document.
- Distribute the Production Font(s) directly or indirectly as an integrated component of any such Licensed Commercial Electronic Document, provided that (i) the Production Font(s) cannot be fully or partially extracted from such Licensed Commercial Electronic Document, and (ii) a recipient cannot edit the Licensed Commercial Electronic Document with the Production Font(s).
- Install the Production Font(s), or a web server application into which the Production Font(s) has been incorporated, on Licensed Servers; and
- Allow internal or external users to use the Production Font(s) on such Licensed Servers in the manners set forth in Section A.iii.c., provided that any Electronic Document created and distributed is not a Commercial Electronic Document and cannot be further edited by the recipient.
- Web Page Content: Use the Production Font(s) on a Server, to generate content on websites owned or under your control for up to the number of Licensed Page Views. This license allows users of your website to type text on that website through Use of the Production Font(s) (e.g. in form fields, comments etc.) for transactional or marketing purposes. This license does not allow the Production Font(s) to be embedded in a web based customer product (e.g. a web server application) or online word processing solution. (See “Servers” above for such license.)
- Digital Marketing Communications: Embed the Production Font(s) into a Digital Marketing Communication in a manner in which the Production Font(s) cannot be fully or partially extracted or create a Digital Marketing Communication that is generated as described in the previous paragraph through Use of the Production Font(s) in web font format, in each case to be distributed directly or indirectly up to the number of Licensed Impressions.
- TRADEMARKS.Although use of the Trademarks is not required, if you elect to do so, Use the Trademarks (i) in your advertising, publicity, literature, packaging and other promotional activities in connection with the Production Font(s) incorporated into your products, and (ii) to identify the Production Font(s) that is/are embedded in or accessed through your products as permitted by this Agreement, in each case subject to the requirements set forth at http://www.monotype.com/legal/trademarks/guidelines/. You acknowledge that Monotype or its licensors own all right, title and interest in and to the Trademarks.
- LICENSED MONOTYPE FONTS USERS.
- The rights set forth in this Section 2 may be exercised on your behalf by Licensed Monotype Fonts Users and Licensed Desktop Users if an amount for the respective rights is listed in your Account, and you are responsible for compliance with the terms of this Agreement by all such users as well as any other parties who access the Font Software. You are hereby granted, during the Term and subject to all terms and conditions set forth herein, a worldwide (subject to Section 8.B), non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable license to allow the specified users to:
- Any Font Software available through Monotype Fonts may be downloaded or accessed by a Licensed Monotype Fonts User at any time during the Term. Monotype’s delivery obligations for access to the Font Software and the Desktop Application shall be complete upon sending access credentials to Monotype Fonts to your Primary Licensed Monotype Fonts User(s).
RESTRICTIONS.You may not:
- Transfer your license rights in Monotype Fonts, the Font Software or the Desktop Application.
- Modify the Font Software or the Desktop Application in any way, including to create, directly or indirectly, Derivative Works from the Font Software or the Desktop Application or any portion thereof (except as otherwise specifically set forth herein).
- Embed the Font Software or the Desktop Application in Open Source software which may have the direct or indirect effect of causing the Font Software or Desktop Application to become Publicly Available Software or otherwise be subject to a Publicly Available Software agreement.
- EXCEEDING LICENSED USAGE OF THE FONT SOFTWARE; REPORTING YOUR USAGE OF THE FONT SOFTWARE AS PRODUCTION FONT(S).You have licensed rights in this Agreement to the Font Software that may be subject to certain limitations in volume. Monotype makes available to you technology that will allow you to track (and automatically report to Monotype) the number of Page Views and Impressions generated by your Use of the Font Software. When you host the Font Software for Page Views or Impressions via Monotype Fonts, the use of the technology is not optional. If you choose to self-host the Font Software for Page Views and Impressions and do not elect to use this tracking technology and with regard to other limitations in volume such as the number of Workstations using the Font Software, the number of Mobile Applications or the number of Commercial Electronic Documents with embedded Font Software or the number of Servers used pursuant to Section 2.B.iv. Servers, Monotype has the right to ask you, from time to time, to provide information regarding such limitations (namely the number of Workstations, Mobile Applications, Commercial Electronic Documents, Servers, Page Views, and/or Impressions) and you are obligated to maintain records with respect to such usage and to provide us with that information within 30 days of our request. In the event your Use of the Font Software exceeds the licensed limited amount, you agree to license from Monotype the necessary additional amounts and pay any fee associated with such increase.
- Monotype will provide, by email to your Primary Licensed Monotype Fonts User(s) on a quarterly basis, a list of Font Software which has been downloaded from Monotype Fonts by your Licensed Monotype Fonts Users. Within twenty-one (21) days of the date of such list, you must report to Monotype which Font Software has been used as a Production Font, in the form and format requested by Monotype. If you believe you have been presented with an inaccurate list of downloaded Font Software, you should contact Monotype prior to the conclusion of the 21 days to dispute accuracy of the list. If you have not reported back to us within 21 days, we will assume all Font Software downloaded from Monotype Fonts has been used as Production Fonts. If the amount of Production Fonts exceeds the maximum number of Production Fonts you have licensed, you agree to license from Monotype the necessary amounts and pay any fee associated with such increase. Monotype reserves the right to suspend access to Monotype Fonts at its discretion in the event of any use of Monotype Fonts or the Font Software by you outside of the terms of this Agreement which is revealed in reporting.
- TERMINATION.In addition to a decision by either party to not renew this Agreement upon the expiration of the Term, the parties shall have the right to terminate the Agreement only as set forth in this Section 6.The rights of a recipient of a Licensed Mobile Application or a Licensed Commercial Electronic Document generated pursuant to this Agreement shall survive the termination of this Agreement. All other license rights granted to you in this Agreement shall end with the termination of this Agreement.If this Agreement expires at the conclusion of its then-current term without being renewed by either party or is terminated by either party for any reason, and you request to reinstate such agreement, Monotype may, in its sole discretion, agree to allow such reinstatement. In case of a reinstatement, Monotype reserves the right to charge you a one-time additional fee of twenty percent (20%) of the last annual term fee due under the agreement, which shall be due upon execution of such reinstatement.
- The termination of this Agreement shall not preclude either party from suing the other party for damages of any breach of the Agreement.
- Either party may terminate this Agreement upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to the other party if the non-notifying party has breached this Agreement, and such breach has not been cured within that thirty (30) day period. Any such notice shall set forth the breach or breaches and the actions necessary to cure them, if a cure is possible.
WARRANTIES, INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
- The Font Software will effect a faithful reproduction of the underlying typeface design which is of a quality consistent with industry standards.
- The Font Software and Desktop Application have no defect nor are deficient in title;
- The Font Software and Desktop Application do not infringe any intellectual property rights of any third parties, including but not limited to copyrights, design rights, trademarks and patents;
- The Font Software and Desktop Application upon download or delivery do not contain viruses, time or logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, timers, clocks, trap doors, or other computer instructions, devices, or techniques that erase data or programming, infect, disrupt, damage, disable, or shut down a computer system or any component of such computer system, including, without limitation, its security or user data, or otherwise cause the Font Software or Desktop Application to become inoperable or incapable of being used in accordance with this Agreement; and
- The Font Software and Desktop Application are not Publicly Available Software.
INDEMNIFICATION.Monotype shall, at its expense and at your request:
- defend you from any claim or action brought by an unaffiliated third party against you or an authorized sublicensee to the extent it is based on a claim that Monotype has breached a warranty contained in Section 7.A or any other obligation under this Agreement; and
- indemnify you against any damages, liability, costs or expenses incurred by you or an authorized sublicensee (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) resulting from such a claim or a breach of a warranty contained in Section 7.A.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.Except in the event of gross negligence or willful misconduct, neither party will be responsible for:
- Incidental, indirect, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitation, lost profits, business interruption, loss of use or lost data, regardless of the form of the action whether in contract, tort (including negligence), strict product liability or otherwise, even if such party has been advised of the possibility of such damages, in each case to the extent permitted by law. For clarification only, any damages incurred by either party as a result of infringement of a third party’s intellectual property rights are considered direct damages that are not excluded by this limitation of liability; or
- Any damages caused by the other party’s failure to perform its obligations.
- SUPPORT. You shall be entitled to Critical Patch Releases. Monotype shall provide you with scheduled video or audio conference support for the initial integration or implementation of the Font Software and Desktop Application, the total of such time to be reasonable but not to exceed five (5) hours. Additional technical support will be provided on a first come, first served basis via support ticket submission. Support hours are 10 am to 6 pm Eastern Time in the United States and CET time in Europe, Monday through Friday. If you have purchased Monotype Fonts Pro (as indicated in your Account), Monotype shall also provide you with the services outlined in Attachment 1. You shall be solely responsible for technical support, if any provided, to the users of your products into which the Font Software may be embedded or integrated.
- EXPORT. You agree that you will not ship, transfer or export the Font Software or the Desktop Application into any country or use the Font Software or Desktop Application in any manner prohibited by the United States Export Administration or any applicable export laws, restrictions or regulations.
INTELLECTUAL AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
- You agree that Monotype Fonts, the Font Software and the Desktop Application are protected by the copyright law or other intellectual and industrial property rights of the United States and its various States, by the copyright law and other intellectual and industrial property rights of other nations, and by international treaties.
- You agree that Monotype and or/its licensors own all right, title and interest in and to Monotype Fonts, the Desktop Application and the Font Software, their structure, organization, code, and related files, including all intellectual and industrial property rights therein such as copyright, design and trademarks rights.
- You agree that Monotype Fonts, the Desktop Application and the Font Software, their structure, organization, code, and related files are valuable property of Monotype and/or its licensors and that any intentional or negligent Use of Monotype Fonts, the Desktop Application or the Font Software not expressly permitted by the Agreement constitutes an infringement of intellectual and industrial property rights.
- All rights in and to Monotype Fonts, the Desktop Application and the Font Software, including unpublished rights, are reserved under the copyright laws of the United States and other jurisdictions.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT; PARTIAL NULLITY; GOOD FAITH OBLIGATIONS. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto with respect to license of Monotype Fonts, the Font Software and the Desktop Application, and, if applicable, the provision of Monotype Fonts Pro or Professional Services. In the event that any provision of this Agreement is unenforceable or invalid, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render the Agreement unenforceable or invalid as a whole, and, in such event, such provision shall be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of such unenforceable or invalid provision within the limits of applicable law or court decisions. You and Monotype each owe a duty to co-operate in order to give full effect to this Agreement.
- ASSIGNMENT. Your obligations under this Agreement may not be sublicensed or assigned to any third party (with a change in control of you constituting an assignment). This Agreement shall be binding on your and Monotype’s successors and assigns.
- GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION. Unless you enter into this agreement through the Monotype affiliate Monotype Ltd. or Monotype GmbH, or unless otherwise set forth in writing in the agreement between you and Monotype, the agreement entered into between you and Monotype is governed by the laws of Massachusetts applicable to contracts wholly entered and performable within such Commonwealth (without regard to applicable conflict of laws provisions). The United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts or, if federal subject matter jurisdiction is lacking, the Superior Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in Middlesex County, shall be the exclusive forum for any disputes arising out of or related to such agreement. Both you and Monotype agree to the personal jurisdiction and venue of these courts in any action related to such agreement.
MONOTYPE FONTS PRO
If you have purchased Monotype Fonts Pro (as indicated in your Account), you are entitled to the services set forth below:
Assigned success manager: You will be assigned a representative from the support team who is familiar with your organization and implementation.
Monotype response time guarantee: Monotype will respond to your support inquiry within four (4) Business Hours. For the purposes of the Monotype Fonts Pro services, “Business Hours” are between 9:00am and 11:59 pm Central European time.
Monotype Fonts uptime guarantee: If you have licensed the Monotype Fonts service, Monotype Fonts and the Font Software will be available for access and use by Customer and operating normally 99.9% of the time during the Term, except for unavailability that may result from (i) general internet brown-outs, blackouts or slow-downs, (ii) downtime in the ordinary course during regularly scheduled maintenance windows, which shall occur overnight [U.S. eastern time] unless it is unfeasible to do so, that is necessary to maintain, update or refresh Monotype Fonts and/or the Font Software. During any time in which Monotype Fonts or the Font Software is not available, Customer is entitled to request that Monotype deliver certain Font Software via Non-Service Delivery, and Monotype shall deliver such Font Software within eight (8) Business Hours of your request.
Monotype live event access: You are eligible to receive two (2) complimentary passes to one or more Monotype live events such as Brand Days and Brand Talks. (Additional passes may be granted at Monotype’s discretion and based on availability)
One-on-one multi-session training and onboarding: Customized Monotype Fonts training from a customer success manager to help define your goals, configure Monotype Fonts to suit your needs, and other supplemental training. The configuration of Monotype Fonts is limited to standard configuration of controls which can be assessed by your Licensed Monotype Fonts Users who are designated in your Account as Administrators and may include uploading Font Software licensed under your Agreement which is not already available within Monotype Fonts. The maximum number of hours that you may use for configuring Monotype Fonts is ten (10).
Phone support: Talk live with a support representative during Business Hours.
Developer support for web font implementation: Technical assistance from a support representative with web development expertise to optimize your web font implementation for performance.
Quarterly customer success check-ins: Quarterly meetings between your company and a success manager to demonstrate new and upcoming features, resolve issues and ensure you are getting the most from Monotype Fonts and/or the Font Software.
Type expertise from the Monotype Studio: You may use the number of Pro Studio Hours indicated in your Account to request personalized typeface recommendations, an assessment of your brand type or an educational session from the Monotype Studio type designers. For the avoidance of doubt, the annual allowance for Pro Studio Hours begin on the day that you sign up for Monotype Fonts Pro and unused hours would not be carried over from year-to-year.